IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. HOSPERITY SERVICES ARE NOT FOR USE IN MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.
Last revised: February 2019
Hosperity is owned by Hosperity, Inc. “Hosperity”. Hosperity makes this site available for the sole purpose of facilitating between Providers, Members and other users who choose to use this online service. Access to and use of this World Wide Web Site through Hosperity, Inc. or any of it’s affiliated, licensed companies, associates and partner websites collectively known here as “Hosperity” is provided subject to these terms and conditions.
The contents of this website, including but not limited to text, audio, video, graphics, images, and other material contained or displayed on the website ("Content") are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
In the event of a medical emergency, call a doctor or 911 immediately. This website does not recommend or endorse any specific physicians, medical providers, health or wellness providers, health or wellness practices, procedures, products, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk. Hosperity is not responsible for any claims, provider created content or information contained on the website, including but not limited to provider profiles and interactions, and is not responsible for the content and claims on any external links or websites. The Site and the Content are provided on an "as is" basis.
We provide a web based platform through which individuals may access and use the Services (“Members”) for purposes of scheduling appointments and communicating with their healthcare or wellness service providers (“Providers”). Hosperity also provides additional services that are available for Members, Providers, Businesses and other types of users (collectively called “You”, “User”, or “Users”) who access this site.
You must be at least 18 years of age to access or use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only access or use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18, you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in connection with our Services. If you are accessing or using our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account.
CONTENT AND RESTRICTIONS
By using this site, you agree to not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using our Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Hosperity
- Use our Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Services that you are not authorized to access
- Develop or use any third-party applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from our Services
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file that controls automated access to portions of our Services
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You may also only upload or otherwise share User Content that you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not upload, store or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity; Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content
- Is, in our sole judgment, objectionable or that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or that may expose Hosperity or others to any harm or liability of any type.
In addition, although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason.
LICENSE, COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
Our Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein (collectively, the “Hosperity Content”) are owned by or licensed to Hosperity and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, Hosperity and our licensors reserve all rights in and to our Services and the Hosperity Content. Hosperity hereby grants you a limited, non exclusive, non transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services and Hosperity Content; provided, however, that such license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to
- sell, resell our Services or Hosperity Content
- copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display Hosperity Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors
- modify the Hosperity Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services or Hosperity Content
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods
- use our Services or Hosperity Content other than for their intended purposes.
Any use of our Services or Hosperity Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
We have a policy of limiting access to our Services and terminating the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Hosperity by mail as follows: Hosperity, 2300 Main Street, Suite 900, Kansas City, MO 64108. You can also contact us by phone at 888-779-4325 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to Hosperity for certain costs and damages.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Hosperity Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by Hosperity.
INFORMATION ABOUT PROVIDERS
When you choose to use Hosperity you will be provided with a list of providers based on the selection criteria that you provide and on provider availability. The information we make available about any particular provider is supplied to us by that provider, and Hosperity makes no warranty as to its accuracy. Members of Hosperity are ultimately responsible for choosing which provider to communicate with and all communications shall be deemed to take place solely between the Members and Providers. Hosperity accepts no liability for any communications between Members and Providers.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
From time to time we will provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by Hosperity. We do this because we think this information might be of interest or use to you or where, as a user, we can provide you with value-added services. While we do our best to ensure your privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. A link to a non-Hosperity website does not constitute or imply endorsement by Hosperity. Additionally, we cannot guarantee the quality or accuracy of information presented on non-Hosperity websites. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any website you visit.
In addition to the other provisions of these Terms, the following are additional provisions that apply specifically and solely to Providers:
- Representations and Warranties: By using the Services as a Provider, you represent and warrant that: (a) you possess the qualifications, experience and skills necessary to provide the services that you are offering through the Services and that you will perform such services with the degree of skill and care that is required by current good and sound professional practices in accordance with any applicable industry standards; (b) you have, and will continue to maintain, all valid licenses and authorizations required by all applicable authorities and laws for any services you solicit, accept or perform; (c) you will not collect, use, rent or sell information about Members that you obtain directly or indirectly from Hosperity for purposes other than to provide the services to such Members; and (d) all information you provide related to your qualifications experience and skills, as well as other information provide in relation to the Services is accurate, current and complete.
- Independent Contractor: You acknowledge that you are an independent contractor, and that no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these Terms or any relationship between you and Hosperity. You shall be responsible for the supervision, direction, control, compensation, benefits, and withholdings of all of your and your employees actions on the Hosperity platform.
- Confidentiality: To the extent you receive any confidential information of Hosperity in connection with your use of the Service, including but not limited to information concerning fees, marketing plans, financial results, Members, Providers, pricing schedules, product lines, product plans, proprietary technology, research information, practices, trade secrets, and any and all other information as deemed confidential by Hosperity which is not generally known to the public, you agree to protect such information against any unauthorized use or disclosure and to use such information solely for the purposes for which it was disclosed to you. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, you are not permitted to disclose information about Members or Providers that you collect through the Services to any third party without the express written consent of Hosperity.
PRICING TERMS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Pricing and Availability: All prices are shown in U.S. dollars, and taxes are additional. All services are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order, cancel all or any part of an order, and discontinue services without notice, even if you have already purchased a subscription. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Subscriptions: When you register for a subscription, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Hosperity, or a third party payment processor, is authorized to charge your designated payment method on a monthly basis for your subscription in addition to any applicable taxes and other charges for as long as your subscription continues. You also agree that your subscription is continuous until you cancel it or we suspend or stop providing access to the services in accordance with these terms. If the payment method cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, we will notify you and your order may be suspended or cancelled if you do not resolve the issue promptly. In the event that you want to change or update payment information associated with your account, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and editing your payment information. You acknowledge that the amount billed may vary due to promotional offers, changes to your order or changes in applicable taxes or other charges and you authorize Hosperity, or the third party payment processor, to charge your payment method for the corresponding amount.
- Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your subscription at anytime by logging into your account and cancelling. In the event you cancel your Subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about Hosperity, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the instructions to unsubscribe that are provided therein.
- Refund Policy: Hosperity makes all efforts to ensure satisfaction with purchases. Refunds for a membership will be provided within 3 business days of the reception of payment for a new or renewing member, with the following conditions: (1) If User accounts tied to the membership have downloaded/accessed/viewed any of the available documents, courses, or training online via Hosperity, the refund will be allocated minus the current non-member rates for any resources downloaded/viewed online as part of Hosperity member value; (2) If User accounts tied to the membership have not downloaded/accessed/viewed any of the available documents, courses, or training online via Hosperity, a full refund will be process; (3) After 3 business days, no refunds will be made available for membership purchases. Requests for refunds in membership must be made by contacting us. Any membership cancellations that take place more than 3 business days after purchase of a membership will not receive any refunds, however all membership-related listings, benefits, and values will be cancelled.
By creating a Hosperity account, you consent to receive communications from Hosperity (e.g., via telephone, email, and other electronic communications, or by posting notices to the website). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., password changes and other transactional information), as well as communications provided as part of the Services or for marketing purposes, and are part of your relationship with us. You consent to being provided with any notices, disclosures, information, and other materials in electronic form (collectively "Electronic Records"), rather than in paper form in accordance with The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign"). Your consent to receive Electronic Records applies to all notices, disclosures, documents, records or other materials of any kind that Hosperity may be required to provide to you. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You further understand that checking a box, clicking “accept” on our website, or responding via telephone keypress constitutes your signature. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You may wish to print out all Electronic Records and keep them for your records. If you have any trouble printing out, downloading, and/or accessing any Electronic Records, you may contact us. In order for you to access and retain Electronic Records sent by Hosperity, you must have the following hardware and software: a computer capable of reading html and text files, a modem or other means of accessing the Internet, and a browser capable of accessing and displaying the Hosperity website. To print the Electronic Records, you will also need a printer. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us. However, the services provided by Hosperity are only available if you agree to receive Electronic Records, and you understand that withdrawing such consent may result in your account being closed.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hosperity and our independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Hosperity Parties”) from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs ("Claims") arising out of or related to
- your access to or use of our Services
- your User Content or Feedback
- your violation of these Terms
- your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights)
- your conduct in connection with our Services.
You agree to promptly notify Hosperity Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Hosperity Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees). You also agree that the Hosperity Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Hosperity's sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Hosperity or the other Hosperity Parties.
While we enable Members and Providers to communicate with one another, we are not responsible for monitoring such information and communications, and we are not a party to transactions or interactions that may occur between Members and Providers. In addition, we are not responsible for and we expressly disclaim all liability that may result from information made available by Members or Providers and the conduct of Members and Providers, whether online or offline. Hosperity does not sponsor, endorse, recommend or approve of any Providers. Additionally, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that any Provider is licensed, qualified, insured or capable of performing any product or service, and we make no representations or warranties about the expertise, professional qualifications, or quality of work of any Provider, or the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the products and services they provide.
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any User Content or third-party content available on or linked to by our Services. Hosperity makes no warranty, representation or guarantee with respect to products and services offered by Providers, and Hosperity specifically disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee with respect to the quality, safety, legality or other characteristics of such products and services, or with respect to the conduct of any Provider in connection with such services.
Our Services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Hosperity does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Hosperity attempts to make your access to and use of our Services safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with Members and Providers.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Hosperity and the other Hosperity Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability whether based in contract, tort, negligence, warranty, or otherwise for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Hosperity or the other Hosperity Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The limitations set forth in this section will apply even if the remedies otherwise provided under these Terms, at law or in equity, fail of their essential purpose, and regardless of the form or cause of action or the alleged basis of the claim, and will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Hosperity or the other Hosperity Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Under no circumstances shall Hosperity be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning. Hosperity’s liability for all claims arising from your use of the site and its contents is limited to $100.00.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Hosperity and the other Hosperity Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. You expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code § 1542 as well as any other statute or common law principles that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
TRANSFER AND PROCESSING DATA
By accessing or using our Services, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information about you in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Users agree not to copy, scrape or extract any data or information from this website, www.hosperity.com or any sublinks for commercial purposes. Users further agree not to copy, distribute, reproduce, reverse engineer or display any data or information from this website, www.hosperity.com or any sublinks. Users agree not to use any automated devices or queries including, but not limited to, spiders and robots to access the site. A limited exception applies only to publicly available search engine providers, which may crawl or query the site for the purpose of generating web search engine results.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Hosperity and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or Hosperity seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Hosperity seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and Hosperity waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services resolved in court. Instead, all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Buchanan County, Missouri in accordance with the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services.
You and Hosperity agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Hosperity and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
You and Hosperity agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 19 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the "FAA"), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. You and Hosperity agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Hosperity, Hosperity will pay all filing fees and costs. You and Hosperity agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Missouri and the United States sitting in Buchanan County, Missouri have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
Any claim arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Hosperity will not have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within thirty (30) days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 19 by contacting us. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
Any dispute arising out of or related to the Services or these Terms will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of Missouri or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of Missouri and the United States, respectively, sitting in Buchanan County, Missouri.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. We may also notify you by sending an email notification to the address associated with your account or providing notice through our Services. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately and your continued access to and use of our Services after we provide notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop accessing and using our Services.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate or suspend your right to access or use our Services at any time. We will not be liable to you for any termination or suspension of your access or use of our Services. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Additional terms and policies (“Additional Terms”) may apply to specific portions of the Services. In the event Additional Terms apply to your use of the Services, we will provide notice of such terms and your continued use of the relevant portions of the Services will constitute your agreement to these Additional Terms. Unless indicated otherwise, if there is a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will govern.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Hosperity relating to your access to and use of our Services. The failure of Hosperity to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.